Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Book Cover Results

I just want to thank everyone who took the time to vote for their favorite book cover.  And the result is ... both.  


Yeah, that kind of seems like a cheap-ass rip off.  I know.  But here's the deal.  One of them really struck the tone, or caught the vibe, or encapsulated (for those of you who like big words because they make you feel smart) the feel of the book.  At least, in my opinion.  And, frankly, in the opinions of some others who have read early drafts.  The other cover is actually going to be used for the third book in the series.  Well, a variation of it will be.  Because that one really hypostatizes (good word, huh? Don't you feel smart? Not me. I had to look it up.) the feel of the third book.  So, really both of them will end up being used.  


What am I going to do for the cover of the second book? Not sure yet. I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it.  Meantime, if you want to see which cover will be used for the first book, Apparition, you're just going to have to wait until the book is released. In about a week. I know. I'm a horrible tease. It's what we authors (and I'm using that term loosely in reference to me) like to call a "cliffhanger."  And not the cliffhanger that was a horrible movie starring Sylvester Stallone.  The literary kind that keeps you waiting in anticipation.  Which I hope this does.  And then I hope when you finally see which choice became the cover that you actually buy the book and read it. And recommend it to everyone you've ever met. You can tell them you had a hand in choosing the cover, whether you voted for it or not. I'll take the blame for the contents.  And not just the table of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment