Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crossroads

There comes a time in a man’s life when he comes to a crossroads.  That moment when the next decision made could dramatically impact his future.  And once the choice is made, there is no going back.  The choice has to be made with careful thought.  One must weigh all the pros and cons and decide if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.  One must consider the unintended consequences of one's decision as well.  Doing so is the mark of a considerate and thoughtful man.  This potentially life-changing decision should be considered from all viewpoints.  Get input from friends and family.  It's even wise to turn to God or Yahweh or Gozer the Destructor or whatever your faithful bent.  But it is possible to think too much on a decision.  It is said that "analysis leads to paralysis" and then no decision is made at all.  It's hard to make the right decision, but you can make your decision right.  So I find myself at that crossroads in my life.  And after carefully considering my options from every angle, I have decided that, yes, I will have another slice of pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment